|Image by nem_youth|
A few weeks ago, I wrote about 10 things never to say to pregnant women. I realize now it may have come across a little negative–and maybe even left you floundering.
So if you shouldn’t ask a pregnant woman if she’s “about to pop” or if she’s having twins, then what in the world can you talk to her about?
|Image by simmbarb|
I did a survey of some friends and readers to come up with this list of 10 things pregnant women want to hear. Try one of these out the next time you see a pregnant friend:
1. “You’ve never looked better!”
2. “Are you really due then? You look much too small to be due so soon!”
3. “You look beautiful!”
4. “You are ALL belly!”
5. “God has blessed you so much!”
|Image by simmbarb|
6. “You’re going to be a great mom!”
7. “Children are such a blessing. You’ll never regret this!”
8. “You’re wearing compression hose? I never noticed! I just thought you had a really amazing tan!”
9. “Can I help you with your other children? Can I bring you a meal? Babysit while you go get a massage and pedicure?”
10. “You think your belly is growing…just wait until you see how big your heart will grow!”
So try these out the next time you run into a pregnant friend…or a stranger who happens to tell you she is pregnant. (Never, ever assume that someone with “the pregnant look” is!)
What do you think every pregnant woman wants to hear?
- 5 Simple Tips for Combating Morning Sickness
- Reflections on my First Pregnancy
- 10 Reasons We Opted to Give Birth at a Birth Center
- Easing Leg Pain During Pregnancy
- Pregnancy Posts Around the Web
- A Tale of Two Births: Medicated vs. Natural Hospital Births, part 2
- A Tale of Two Births: Medicated vs. Natural Hospital Births, part 1
- How to Achieve a Natural Birth in a Hospital Setting
- Real Food Pregnancy Cheats/Shortcuts
- OB or Midwife: Finding the Birth Provider Who Works for You
- A Comparison of Birth Settings: Home, Hospital and Birth Center
- Resources for a Natural Pregnancy
- 10 Things Never to Say to Pregnant Women
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner
Calling all Guest Posters!
With less than 8 weeks until Baby’s EDD, I’m accepting guest posters for my maternity leave. I’m looking for any posts on: real food recipes, natural living, natural parenting, ways to bless new moms, PP recovery (the natural way), thought-provoking posts on how God has taught you humility through homemaking, etc. Due date for all posts will be July 20. If interested, please email me your blog URL, a link to a writing sample and your proposed post topic to: thehumbledhomemaker at gmail dot com. Thank you!
*This post first appeared in my “Motherhood” column of the Mooresville Weekly newspaper.