I recently decided to make homemade peppermint syrup that I needed to use in another peppermint recipe (coming tomorrow!).
It was incredibly easy to put together–and it contains no refined sugars! Here’s the recipe:
- • 3/4 cup water
- • 1 cup sucanat (unrefined sugar--I get mine at our local healthfood store.)
- • 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1. Mix water and sugar in a small saucepan.
- 2. Heat over medium heat until boiling and sucanat is dissolved.
- 3. Add peppermint and let simmer a couple more minutes.
- 4. Remove from heat and let cool. Store in a Mason jar.
Note: The syrup looks so dark because of the sucanat’s dark color.
Use this syrup to make a yummy homemade peppermint mocha!