Crockpot Seafood Paella
Yield 6 servings
- 3/4 c. chopped sweet peppers
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 c. uncooked brown rice
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground tumeric
- 12 oz. fresh or frozen shrimp, thawed, peeled and halved
- 6 oz. canned or pouched wild-caught pink salmon, flaked
- 1 c. frozen peas
- Grease crock pot and add all veggies except peas.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine chicken broth, rice and spices.
- Heat until boiling, then pour over veggies in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- After about 3 hours, add the shrimp, salmon and peas.
- Once done, let stand for about 10 minutes before serving.
I modified this recipe from a recipe I found in the January 2010 issue of Parents magazine.
Recipe by The Humbled Homemaker at https://thehumbledhomemaker.com/crockpot-seafood-paella-and-plan-it/