When I got up this morning and read today’s post from Keeper of the Home, I realized she decided to start the Plan It, Don’t Panic meal planning challenge a week early!
Thankfully, my girls are still asleep as I write this, so I had time to type up a quick post with this week’s plan!
Breakfast-Bob’s Red Mills GF pancakes w/ blueberries (one of the ONLY GF breakfasts my daughter will eat so far!)
Lunch-salmon, carrot sticks and apples
Dinner-shrimp stir-fry over rice (scroll below for recipe!)
Breakfast-egg/dairy/GF breakfast bars
Lunch-hummus, carrot sticks, grapes and apples
Dinner-oven-“fried” chicken tenders (unbreaded for daughter), green beans and roasted potatoes
Breakfast-leftover breakfast bars
Dinner-baked spaghetti w/ homemade sauce (recipe coming Wednesday!)
Breakfast-soaked, baked oatmeal
Dinner-salmon patties over rice
Dinner-GF pizza (Bob’s Red Mills dough kit) with homemade sauce (recipe coming on Wednesday!)
Breakfast-eggs (for me and hubby) and pancakes for Little Girl
Dinner: homemade chicken noodle soup (GF noodles)
Breakfast-pancakes and blueberries
Lunch: leftover soup
Dinner: leftover soup
|Image by lockstockb|
And this week’s recipe is my go-to FAST dinner meal! This is SO easy, healthy and the recipe I use whenever we have had a busy afternoon, and I’m in a hurry!
Yield 4 servings
- 1 12 oz. bag medium cooked shrimp
- oil (olive, grapeseed or butter)
- cooked brown rice
- Cook your rice (or already have it cooked and waiting!).
- Cut up your veggies while you saute your shrimp in 1-2 Tbsp. of oil over med-low heat. (I use whatever veggies I have on hand--usually green or multi-colored peppers, mushrooms, snap peas, carrots, etc., but if I'm REALLY in a hurry, I use a bag of frozen veggies.)
- Add veggies to pan and saute them as well.
- Add any spices you wish. I personally just enjoy the flavors of the fresh veggies and oil. My hubby, however, prefers some kind of seasoning--usually lemon pepper.
- Serve shrimp and veggies over rice!
I sometimes use chicken instead of shrimp, but then I have to pre-thaw the chicken, so it not quite as fast.
What’s your family eating this week? Do you have a go-to, fast dinner for your family? If so, please share!
I’m linking up with: Plan It, Don’t Panic
Mangia Mondays, Melt in your Mouth Monday
Menu Plan Monday
All the Small Stuff, Frugal Tip Tuesday, Tasty Tuesdays, Fat Tuesday, Kitchen Tip Tuesdays
- via RSS (like Google Reader/Google Friends Connect) here
- Subscribe to receive every post (3-4 times/week) via e-mail here
- Subscribe for weekly e-mails here
- Find me on Facebook here
- Follow me on Twitter here
Leave a Comment