When making the switch to the real food lifestyle, some people may think they have to give up their “sweet tooth.”
From chocolate chip cookies to vanilla bean cheesecake to gelato and eclairs, Kate shows the real food lifestyle is not one of denial–but of delectable desserts.
A few months back, I had the opportunity of testing recipes for Treat Yourself: Real Food Desserts.
And let me tell you, if you check out Treat Yourself, you are in for a treat!
Besides desserts made with all natural, whole-food ingredients (no nasty additives here!), Treat Yourself offers several grain-free and allergy-free options, which is very important to my family right now.
Grain-Free Carrot Cake
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 egg*
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 c. milk (or coconut milk)
- Stir all dry ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and continue mixing until smooth.
- Pour into a 7" baking pan or a 6-cup cupcake pan. Bake at 350 for 20 min.
I have *not* yet tried this with an egg substitute. Unfortunately, using flax meal and water did NOT work as an egg sub in this recipe.