Inside: Stocking stuffers for teen girls can be a challenge. Once they hit age 11 or 12, our daughters and granddaughters aren’t “little girls” anymore, but they still delight over fun stocking stuffers! As the mom of two teen girls and one tween girl, I’ve compiled a list of stocking stuffers teen girls will actually love!
When our three daughters were little, coming up with non-junk stocking stuffers was pretty easy. There is so much variety when it comes to what you can gift children. But teenagers are a challenge all their own:
- You don’t want to gift teenagers items that are too babyish, but you know they may not be ready for adult-like gifts either.
- Teenagers can be fickle. What they like today may be out of style tomorrow.
- Their tastes can be expensive–especially teenage girls (although I hear that teenage boys can have expensive taste as well).
Thankfully, at this writing, I have two teenage girls (ages 13 and 15) plus a tween girl (age 11) who helped me brainstorm this list of stocking stuffer ideas for teen girls!
Stocking Stuffers for Teen Girls
Related: Non-Junk Stocking Stuffers for Kids
Just like my husband, Will, did with his original “Stocking Stuffer Ideas for Men” post, we’ve divided this post up into categories. Feel free to skim the entire list, or scroll down to the category that best fits your daughter or granddaughter.
Makeup and Skincare Make Great Stocking Stuffers for Teen Girls
My teen girls absolutely love makeup and skincare items. For this reason, this section of our stocking stuffers for teen girls is a little longer than the others.
When my middle daughter was around 12, it became popular for pre-teen and teen girls to do their skincare and makeup routines together via Facetime. I love hearing my girls laugh and giggle during their “skincare sessions” with their cousin and besties!
Our family chooses to use cleaner brands of skincare and makeup. As the daughter of an ovarian cancer survivor, it’s very important to me to only spend money on brands that don’t include toxins and other heavy metals that could disturb my teen girls’ hormones (or my own!).
These are just a few to get you started with your search. My two favorite beauty care brands are Beautycounter and Acure. These are two brands that we use every single day in our home, so you will see them show up a lot, as I can wholeheartedly endorse them!
- flavored chapstick: Free Reign Farm and Made On (tinted for older girls!) make some of our favorite chapsticks. For mainstream brands, you can’t go wrong with Burt’s Bees brand chapstick!
- facial oil – I had NO idea what facial oils were or why I needed them until I was in my late 30s! My teens somehow already know, and my 15-year-old uses this exact brightening facial oil and swears by it!
- facial masks – Most teens will do better with a charcoal mask that can help refine pores & calm acne. However, if they have dry skin, they may do ok with this overnight hydrating mask that can also double as a cleansing balm.
- facial cleanser – This one is a great gentle cleanser for teen girls & boys alike. However, for those with acne, I recommend trying this one. It is formulated to fight acne & oily skin. Another option is to try a charcoal cleansing bar, which is perfect for both facial & back acne.
- facial moisturizer – This one is gentle and great for normal skin. For those with acne prone skin, I recommend trying this oil-free matte effect gel cream.
- acne spot treatment – My girls use and love this SOS spot treatment, but they also beg me for Mighty Patches, as they work like magic (or so they say!). I usually get our Mighty Patches at Target or Amazon.
- tinted moisturizer with SPF – Really young teens may opt for a non-tinted version, but I absolutely love the tinted kind. As a natural redhead with fair skin (and all three of my daughters are the same), my risks for skin cancer have made using a daily SPF a priority for me in recent years. In fact, a few weeks before I wrote this post, my doctor told me I had a biopsy come back for pre-cancer cells on my face. My biggest regret is not starting to use a daily SPF before my late 30s. My middle daughter (13 at this writing) is the most into skincare out of all my girls, and she started wearing a daily SPF a few months ago at age 12!
- mascara – My 15-year-old is frequently asked if her eyelashes are fake when she wears this one. Nope, they’re all hers (plus good, clean mascara!).
- eyeshadow – A palette works, or try these cream shadows!
- primer – Seriously, I’m in my 40s and still don’t use a primer, but my 15-year-old loves this one.
- lip gloss – My teen girls recently told me that “lipstick is for moms,” so, yeah, I would avoid lipstick for your teen girls and stick with lip gloss! They like their lips to shine!
- concealer – They may not have under-eye circles to conceal, but concealer is a must for girls struggling to cover up acne spots.
- lip balm – I love that this one is tinted! It’s the perfect combo of skincare and light makeup.
- blush – This cream blush comes in a refillable compact with mirror–and it can double as eyeshadow and lipstick to boot!
- highlighter – Again, I’m in my 40s and have never worn this. However, highlighter seems to be a must-have for girls in their teens (and women in their 20s and early 30s too!).
- beauty blender – My girls and I all use these to apply our makeup!
- makeup remover
- facial scrub – This brightening one from Acure is great!
- eye masks
- sugar scrub
- body lotion
- body wash
Related: 32+ Stocking Stuff Ideas for Men
Apparel & Accessories Make Great Stocking Stuffers for Teen Girls
- fuzzy socks – also got some at ALDI this year!
- knit gloves or mittens
- pajama pants
- knit hat / beanie
- belt bag – Like teenage girls almost everywhere right now, my teen girls are all into the Lululemon belt bags. I was able to score some on clearance a few months back. If your daughter does not care about brand names (frankly, I would check with her first because that is sadly still a “thing” with teenage girls), this knockoff is super cute!
- slippers – My 13-year-old daughter owns and loves this exact pair. While Ugg slippers are all the rage right now with teen girls, I think those are a little too pricey for a stocking stuffer! These are cute, much more affordable, and flexible enough to fit inside a large stocking!
Related: Even More Stocking Stuffers for Men
Bath & Body Care Make Great Stocking Stuffers for Teen Girls
- bath bombs (or make your own bath bombs)
- nail polish
- nail wraps
- nail files
- nail brush kit or an entire nail care kit
- scrunchies, hair ties, or bobby pins (depending on what your teen girl prefers!)
- claw clips (my 13-year-old also loves these flower ones!)
- spa headband – My teen girls informed me that regular headbands are “so not cool” for teenagers right now, but they love and use the spa ones!
- mini soap sets
- small cosmetic bag
- bubble bath
- bath loofas
- scented bath salts
- hair oil/mask
- hair towel wrap
- dry shampoo
- microfiber face cloth
- eye masks
- face roller
- makeup brushes
- retractable lip brush
- sleep mask
- cotton face swabs
- deodorant – I have friends who love this one, but our family prefers Native.
- non-toxic perfume – We love the La Vanilla brand because it’s non-toxic and smells wonderful! We gave our older teen daughter a bottle for Christmas last year.
- travel toothbrush – for those who allow sleepovers or prepping ahead for summer camps and mission trips, etc.!
- silk pillow case
- mini heating pad (for soothing cramps during their time of the month)
Related: 5 Alternatives to Elf on the Shelf
School Supplies Make Great Stocking Stuffers for Teen Girls
If your teenage daughter is a bookworm and/or studious (that was me!), then you will want to fill her stocking with items that represent these loves as well! Stocking stuffers for teenage girls who are bookworms or love school could include:
- mini notepads
- pencil bag
- Papermate Flair pens – My girls and I seriously love these pens!!
- pastel-colored paper clips (or whatever colors she prefers!)
- smiley face binder clips
- gel pens – My 15-year-old daughter loves these!
- fun mechanical pencils
- pocket calculator (for those times she’s grounded from her phone and needs one? Ha!)
- book page holder
- bookworm computer sticker
- bookworn keychain
- bookworm Christmas ornament
- bookworm earrings
- STEM girl computer sticker
Jewelry Makes Great Stocking Stuffers for Teen Girls
As long as your daughter enjoys wearing jewelry, this is perhaps the easier category of stocking stuffers for teen girls to find while shopping! Some ideas include:
Food Items and Sweet Treats Make Great Stocking Stuffers for Teen Girls
You know your daughter’s favorites, but here are some ideas from what we use to fill our teen girls’ stockings:
- reusable snack bags
- organic suckers
- organic peanut butter cups
- chocolate – If you have an ALDI, they have a great selection of dark chocolates that are much lower in sugar than the milk chocolate varieties. Your kids might need to get used to the flavor, though!
- xylitol-sweetened (sugar-free) gum (Just be careful with xylitol products around dogs, as it is toxic to dogs.)
- organic fruit snacks – I’ve gotten a store brand at Sam’s and BJ’s if you have time to get to one before Christmas!
- fruit leather – I also like to buy the ALDI version!
Crafting Supplies Make Great Stocking Stuffers for Teen Girls
My oldest daughter is quite the crafter, and, over the years, we’ve filled her stocking with crafting supplies at Christmas. There are so many small crafting items that can fit inside a stocking for your teenage daughter!
- classic watercolor paint set
- embroidery kit
- small sewing kit
- crochet hooks
- knitting needles
- cross stitch kit
- baking supplies
BONUS: Get Your Free Holiday Menu Planner Printable
Steps to get it:
- Click HERE and fill out the form to sign up for my bi-weekly-ish newsletter to receive content just like this post! (Unsubscribe at any time!)
- Click “download your free printable” and you will be taken to a new menu, where you can print out your free printable menu plan!