Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spiced Baked Oatmeal
- 3 cups of rolled oats
- 1.5 cups pumpkin puree (or 1 1.5 oz can)
- 1.5 cups milk
- 3/4 cup of maple syrup or honey (or about 1 cup granulated sugar)
- 1/4 cup melted butter (or coconut oil) + extra for greasing the slow cooker
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 1.5 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice (try this simple recipe)
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. unrefined sea salt
Optional add-ins: chopped nuts, chocolate chips, raisins, etc.
- Grease your slow cooker with a little bit of butter or coconut oil.
- In a bowl, mix together the sweetener and butter until glossy.
- Add eggs, vanilla, pumpkin, and milk until well combined.
- Add all of the dry ingredients plus any additional add-ins: oats, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour into greased slow-cooker and cover with lid.
- Cook on the low setting for 5 hours. At 5 hours you may think it still looks too wet on top, but turn off the slow cooker and let it sit for 15 minutes. The baked oatmeal reabsorbs any liquid that may have gathered on top and you are left with a very moist, baked oatmeal.
Recipe by The Humbled Homemaker at https://thehumbledhomemaker.com/slow-cooker-pumpkin-spiced-baked-oatmeal/